SPCP offers site assessments and individualized assistance for childcare centers, public housing residents and management, schools and other educational facilities interested in beginning or fine tuning an existing Integrated Pest Management Program. Our staff will join you on a walk-through your facility and will highlight structural issues and sanitation conditions that contribute to pest problems. Participants receive a report documenting the results, along with suggestions for addressing problems identified during the walk-through.
SPCP will conduct workshops for management personnel, teachers, child care providers, tenants or homeowners. Workshops will include components of an IPM program, repair and sanitation methods and a question & answer session. Attendees will receive an IPM toolkit containing caulk, a caulk gun, steel wool, clothespins, an instruction sheet, and fact sheets to be used to control pests at home.
ONGOING TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
SPCP will assist you on technical IPM questions, including making sure that your pest control operator and waste hauler are properly informed of their important role in the IPM program. SPCP will do regular follow-up assessments and recommend any further activities needed to promote a successful program.
We have experts that can visit your School, Environmental Group, Garden Club, or Homeowner’s Association to discuss the effects of reducing the health risks and environmental impacts of pesticide use. Topics may include: Asthma and Children, Beginning an IPM Program in your School or Childcare Facility, Lawns we Can Live With: Alternatives to Pesticides in Your Garden, Reducing Pesticide Use in Your Home. Nominal fees apply, scholarships may be available.
Have an event? Would you like our information presented in an informal and easy-to-understand format? Call us and we’ll try to send a representative to your event. Education is at the core of what we do at SPCP so we are very interested in spreading the word with our publications and displays.
- Ants Factsheet
- Franklin Park Resolution
- Create An IPM Plan
- Lawn Care Providers
- Kids Guide To Pesticides
- Bee Factsheet
- Evaluate Your IPM Program
- National Lawn Care For Homeowners Calendar
- Bed Bugs In Schools and Childcares Factsheet
- Chicago Grows Green
- Compost Tea Brewing Manufacturers & Distributors
- Pets and Pesticides Factsheet
- Cost Of IPM In Schools
- Rats & Mice Management & IPM Actions
- Mice: Problems and Solutions Factsheet
- Pest Control In School – Spanish
- Products For Your Natural Lawn
- Ants Management & IPM Actions
- Bed Bug Checklist For Tenants
- Bed Bug Checklist For Building Managers/Landlords
- How To Hire An IPM Contractor
- “Don’t Let The Bed Bugs Bite”
- Bed Bugs Factsheet
- B.I.T.E Back Fall 2010
- Battling Bed Bugs In Chicago
- Getting Rid Of Cockroaches In Six Simple Steps
- EPA Response To Ohio Propoxur Request